Yummilicious Huevos Rancheros from Santa Fe


Once upon a time Southwestern, Mexican, Oaxacan cuisines were so foreign to me. My only knowledge of Mexican food was Taco Bell and some cheesy mexican restaurants in Singapore that serve bad burritos and quesadillas. Now, I absolutely adore these flavorful, spicy dishes that go so well with margaritas! Yes, top shelf margaritas, please! My favorite breakfast dish is Huevos Rancheros and the best is from the Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Perfectly fried eggs on top of tortillas, smothered with the most amazing green and red chill sauces. Yes, they call it 'Christmas' when you choose both sauces.  I adore Santa Fe a lot; its adobe buildings, excellent southwestern cuisine, Indian crafts especially Navajo makes it a very special place. My favorite restaurant in Santa Fe is Cafe Pasqual's. Go early, and go with an empty stomach!


Popular Posts