Moitié-Moitié from Switzerland


We were in Lucerne, Switzerland when we decided that this is Switzerland and we need to have fondue. That's when we had Moitie-moitie - 50% gruyere cheese and 50% vacherin cheese. Absolutely lovely! I love vacherin and I love gruyere. I first tried gruyere in my college dormitory, with some other hostelites from the law faculty. I first tried Vacherin in Paris a few years ago, absolutely fell in love with it. I found out later that it's only available in winter coz I asked for it again when I visited in August!! When matured and served well, it's creamy, goo-ey, strong but not pungent and I had to eat it with a spoon, was heavenly! Another lovely vacherin dish I had was in Montreux in a cute restaurant by the lake called Edelweiss (see pic) - Vacherin Mont D'or in white wine, served hot from the oven!

Popular Posts