A Gem in the Chianti Countryside


Driving through the pretty Chianti countryside, it reminds me again why Tuscany is such a beloved region for many. From the movie and book, Under the Tuscan Sun, one remembers the rolling hills, vineyards, cypress trees, olive trees, and of course, the special romances. Castellina in Chianti is a really cute village in the chianti countryside and probably my favorite one on this drive. I stopped at a tiny village, Giaole-in-Chianti for lunch, in a beautiful restaurant called Le Contrade.

Seeing the decorations on the wall, I realized that this is about the various constrada in Siena, which makes up the fiercely competitive and world famous Palio race. I ordered Pappardelle with Cinghiale (wild boar) sauce. I love this ragu. I read somewhere that wild boars have become a pest in the countryside, so I guess the humans are not eating them fast enough.

Popular Posts